Everywhere from working the counter, doing janitorial work, and helping at events, Solutions Recovery, Inc. has many opportunities for those hoping to be of service and to gain volunteer hours. For every hour you volunteer at our counter, your name goes into a monthly drawing for a $25 gift card! In order to work the counter, you must have 3 months of sobriety. All volunteers must complete a background check and our Volunteer Application, which can be found below or at Solutions Recovery Club.
According to Bellwood Health Services, studies show that individuals in recovery that continue to help others in recovery are more likely to stay abstinent than those who do not help others. Research also shows that the good feelings you experience when helping others may be just as important to your health as exercise and a healthy diet.
Other benefits of giving back:
- Improves self-esteem and self confidence
- Feel more empowered in your recovery
- Improves your resilience against mental illnesses, such as depression
- Helps improve your community
- Find more purpose and meaning in your life
- Stay connected and not isolate
- Develop new skills
- Gain a better perspective of what life is like now in recovery, what’s really important to you, and the benefits of living clean
Bellwood Health Services reports that individuals who volunteer share that they are grateful and want to give back, helping others helps their recovery, and it is inspirational and gives them hope. (*)
“For it is in giving that we receive.” ― St. Francis of Assisi